Parish Web Site
We realise that moving can be a very stressful time and we hope your move went as smoothly as possible. We are sure you have much to do but when you get 5 minutes perhaps you would like to....
1. Read a Welcome Letter from our Parish Council Chair, Dr Kathryn Jones.
2. Sign up for Ufford PUNCHLine. This is a news distribution service jointly run by the Ufford PUNCH Team and Ufford Parish Council (see more about each of these teams below). Simply send an e-mail to email@example.com asking to be signed up and Lyn or Judi will do the rest. Read more about the Ufford PUNCHLine here.
3. Take a look at our award-winning parish magazine: The Ufford PUNCH. This magazine will be delivered to your door free of charge each month. You can also read the online copy if you are on the move. In the magazine you will find interesting articles, news and contact details for the many clubs and societies in the village as well as details of local tradesmen. If you would like to write an article for the magazine please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Pick up one of our Footpath or Heritage Trail Maps. These can be found in dispensers at the Community Hall in The Avenue or below the Notice Board at the junction of Barrack Lane, with Church Lane and Ufford Place. If you can't find these please e-mail our Footpath Warden, David Findley, who will be pleased to drop them to you.
5. Explore this website. You will find details of Ufford Parish Council, including when, where and how we meet, details of our Agendas and Minutes and how to monitor Planning Applications in the village. You will also discover more about our wonderful Church and its magnificent font cover; our History; different Village Organisations; local Amenities and finally our beautiful Parklands Wood. The wood is owned by the Parish Council for the benefit of all residents of Ufford and their guests and it is home to some magnificent trees and stunning wildlife, including rare bat colonies.
As you can probably tell, Ufford is a very active village and we look forward to catching up with you very soon.
If you can't find what you want on this website or in the PUNCH Magazine, please call the Parish Council Clerk, Judi Hallett, on 01394 411405 or 07739 411927 and she will do her best to assist you.
Now, think it is time for a cup of tea....